Now if you’re following my blog you know that in order to train your dog with a clicker, you must have some kind of a reward for your dog. The most commonly used reward is food.
You can buy some great treats to use in your training like Barker and Barker Dog Training Treats, or if you love cooking and baking you can prepare some delicious dog treats on your own!
In this series I’m going to give you some ideas of a great home made training treats for your dogs!
Let’s start with the liver cake.
This is what you’re going to need and how to make it:
- 1lb (450g) lamb or ox liver
- 1lb (450g) self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Milk or water.
- Pour flour into a measuring jug
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug
- Add an equal volume of milk or water to the measuring jug and whisk
- Blend the liver in a food processor
- Add the egg mixture and blend to a sponge mixture consistency
- Empty contents into a greased baking tray
- Bake at 180 degrees (or 350F) for 35 – 45 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Divide into pieces and freeze.